web site hit counter

Shaashisms

Twenty-Something and Still Going Strong...

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Hal & Me

We have a love/hate relationship. Hal's a complex character, at first it took me weeks to understand what made him tick, what pushed his buttons, what turned him on and all of that. But once I learned to negotiate the intricate twists and turns of his personality I began to feel quite comfortable with him and we learned how to work with one another, discovering together the many hidden facets of our innermost workings.
Hal is beautiful, it sounds odd for me to describe him that way but they are the only words I can think of, he's big and strong and resilient and yet surprisingly sensitive.
Sometimes he'll get mad at me and be stubborn and uncooperative. Other times I can't figure him out at all, it often takes something so simple to make him happy, something obvious and right under my nose. So when I finally hit the nail on the head, realizing how simple his problem was I end up feeling quite sheepish, he does this to me quite often.
At this point I feel we have been so much together, he was my strength when I was editing my thesis film. I was sick, fainting with fever, over tired from seven weeks of non-stop shooting for six different projects, nervous because my deadline loomed so close at hand. But Hal stood by me through all this working tirelessly through the night to making sure everything was just right, shouting out warnings when I would go astray, his quiet humming a reassuring presence in the darkened editing room.
I will take this opportunity to say I love you Hal.
I will also take this opportunity to tell you that Hal is the company assigned name of my G5 computer :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home